Monday 4 March 2013

Interview with R.K Finnel

Today I am joined by the lovely R.K Finnel.
Here is a little bit more about her:


R.K. Finnell is a lifelong resident of Kansas where she currently resides with the youngest two of three children and three cats. She attributes life experiences, which includes a ride in the back of a hearse when she was four years old, to her writing style. Self described writer of vivid horror, dreamer of death, talented hater of poetry and a damn good cook


 Interview questions

Hi, thank you for accepting to be interviewed. As my blog says ‘ Complete randomness from a crazy author’ so expect the unexpected.

How long have you wanted to be a writer?
I never thought about wanting to be a writer. I always liked writing, creating my own stories and characters. To me it was more of a hobby than something to make a career of. It was not until much later that I began to think more of being a serious writer.

Have you come up against any hurdles along the way?

Only of my own making. Procrastination, doubting my writing abilities, things like that. I've been fortunate to have people who support me and what I do.

I know exactly how you feel. Facebook is draws me in and does not like me to leave. And when it comes to doubting myself I was the exact same.
What would you say is the most difficult thing about being a writer is?

For me, personally, it is developing fantasy characters that are outside the norm of what one usually expects. Not having the right background for a particular character can leave me stuck until I figure it out.

What or who inspires you to write?

The things around me, life, experience and the odd thoughts in my head that are dying to get out.

If  your books are a series, how many books do you plan to have in your series?

I'm currently working on a trilogy.
That’s cool J
Do you have any other writing projects on the go, apart from your current series?

Not at the moment.
If you could be any of your characters who would it be and why?
Old Sister. Depending on who sees her she can either be an old woman stooped with age, or a young girl. When something happens she knows about it no matter where she is and she lives in a giant black walnut tree that grew out of the middle of a creek.

Oh I like the sound of her.
What genre would you say your books are in?

Fantasy/horror. I fought the idea of fantasy because I don't really care for it, but I had to finally accept my writing for what it was.

Do you have any favourite authors?

Harper Lee, Stephen King, O Henry

As a Brit we have one burning question going around our country…………… Do you scrunch or fold? ;) (toilet paper)

Both, but not at the same time.

I am the exact same.
What do you like to do besides writing?

Bake, crochet, and I'm still a kid at heart who plays video games. I have a soft spot for Zelda games.

I love computer games. I play a lot of facebook, then I have a Xbox and a PS3. I can’t say I have ever played any Zelda games though. I am more of a sims person.
What is your favourite cheese?

Sharp Cheddar.

Sweet or savoury?

Savoury.

Would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck or 20 duck sized horses?

20 duck sized horses.

If you had one wish that I could wave a magic wand and grant you, what would it be and why?

To buy a house with cash. To be able to live closer to loved ones.


That sounds like a great idea J
Well that is the end of the interview. Thank you so much for taking part and keep us all posted on your work J





No comments:

Post a Comment