Blog Hop: 12 Days of Christmas
Event Date: December 1st - 12th 2013
Hosted by: As You Wish Reviews & Confessions of the Paranormal
Sponsors: As You Wish Tours & Book Dragon Designs
Christmas window biscuits
I do these with my children every year. Not only do they look great hanging on the Christmas tree but they taste nice too :)
- 125g butter (cubed and at room temperature)
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 table spoons of milk
- 1 packet of colourful boiled sweets
- Baking sheets
- Greaseproof paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Large Christmas and small shaped biscuit cutters or a knife
- Wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / Fan 160°C
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper
- Put the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and cream together until pale and fluffy
- Sift the flour into the mixture
- Add the milk
- Use your hands to mix everything together until you have a ball of dough
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with flour and place the dough in the centre
- Lightly flour your rolling pin and roll the dough out until it's about 6mm thick
- Cut out your biscuits using large Christmas shaped cutters or a knife (ask an adult for help)
- Transfer each biscuit to the baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between each one
- Next carefully cut out the shapes for the window, using smaller cutters or a knife
- Place a boiled sweet into each window - if they are large sweets you can break them up by bashing them once or twice with a rolling pin whilst they are still in their wrappers
- Using a fat straw cut out a small hole for the ribbon
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and the sweets have melted
- Leave the biscuits to cool completely on the baking sheets as the sweets are very hot and need to set. When completely cool transfer to a wire rack
- Thread ribbon through each hole and they are ready to decorate your Christmas tree
Erin Tait is a 15 year old girl, who thinks of herself as a freak. She's moves to her parents home town of Galladale, where all is not what it seems On her first day at school, she meets Sean Jackson. Instantly she is besotted with him. But this results in her being targeted by a girl called Jessica Watson. She has one warning. Stay away from Sean! But he is everywhere she goes, even in her dreams. Which are soon taken over by Jessica's threats and actions against Erin are taken in school. Erin is scared, lonely and confused. Who can she turn to? Will Jessica stop this hate campaign? and can Erin control the fire within?
Most 15 year old girls usually only worry about what clothes to wear, but not Erin Tait. Erin just has to try not to set fire to anything. Easier said than done when she can’t control it. Louise Clarke is a new girl who seems to have some type of seductive power and she says she can have any man she wants, but the only man she wants right now is Sean. After discovering the diary of her great grandmother, Elizabeth Tait, Erin realises that all is not what it seems. Or rather not everyone is who they seem to be. Who is the invisible man? And what secrets does he hold? Can Erin stay away from him? And can she keep Louise away from Sean?
Erin ran away from Sean's birthday party after she witnessed Sean and Louise kiss.
Her world has since been torn apart by the pain caused by Sean's Betrayal and the fire is not only burning on the outside but from within, threatening to strip her of her sanity.
Can Erin handle the Torment that Louise and Sean are inflicting on her?
Can she fight the burning from inside?
Follow Erin on her emotional roller-coaster as she begins to learn to control her fire powers and a friendship soon starts to blossom when Erin begins to learn self-defence.
Her appearance begins to change when she starts fighting with those around her.
Everyone, but Erin, believes that Sean is under some kind of spell and they will go to extreme lengths to prove it.
What will happen in this third installment?
Want a chance to win a signed paperback of Erin the Fire Goddess:The Beginning?
Click the following and follow the instructions. Don't forget to like the page:
Grand Prize: $150 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash
First Prize: One (1) eBook from Every Participating Author