Thursday 28 February 2013

Interview with Tim Miller

Hello everyone.

I recently interviewed Tim Miller who is the author of Hand of God. First I asked him to tell me about himself.




Tim Miller has studied various religions, as well as psychology and has worked in several fields involving the study of human behavior. After serving four years in the U.S. Marines, Tim spent six years working as a corrections officer. Tim also worked as a technician in a psychiatric center. The Hand of God is Tim's first novel in almost ten years. He currently lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife and their children.
Tim became a fan of horror as a teenager. At the age of fourteen he would often read Stephen King books while listening to Iron Maiden on his head phones. He would write short stories to entertain himself and his friends. In 2001, Tim Published his first book, Without a Trace, and then Out of Nowhere a year later. These were mystery/suspense thrillers, but frightening enough in their own right.
After a ten year break and writing two inspirational books, Tim is back at it writing horror with The Hand of God. It is the first book in the series about Pastor Charlie, the preacher/serial killer. 

 Hi Tim thank you for accepting to be interviewed. As my blog says ‘ Complete randomness from a crazy author’ so expect the unexpected J

How long have you wanted to be a writer?
Ever since I was a little kid. I used to type out stories on my mom’s typewriter in elementary school

That is how I first started writing. Most kids do not know what a type writer looks like lol. Have you come up against any hurdles along the way?
Plenty. Family distractions, finances, health  issues and life in general.

What would you say is the most difficult thing about being a writer is?
For me, finding the time, seems like there aren’t enough hours in the day to write, edit, and then market. Marketing is by far the hardest thing.

Oh I know exactly how you feel. What or who inspires you to write?
When people message me or leave reviews and tell me how much my work scared them or impacted them.

If  your books are a series, how many books do you plan to have in your series?
The Hand of God is the first part to a trilogy.

Do you have any other writing projects on the go, apart from your current series?
Currently working on a book about the demon Legion from the Bible.

If you could be any of your characters who would it be and why?
Well Pastor Charlie of course.  Sure, he’s deranged and homicidal, but he’s got some cool powers and isn’t afraid of anything and takes zero crap from anyone.

He sounds like an interesting character. What genre would you say your books are in?
I consider it horror, some say religious fiction. It always has some kind of religious twist to it.

Do you have any favourite authors?
I have a lot of favourite authors, but no one person I read more than others. I read a lot of indie authors as well as traditional.

I love indie authors. There is so much talent out there.
As a Brit we have one burning question going around our country…………… Do you scrunch or fold? ;) (toilet paper)

I’m American, but I know I don’t fold, so I guess I’d say scrunch

What do you like to do besides writing?
I train mixed martial arts when not writing and have time and feeling healthy.

What is your favourite cheese?
Cheddar

Sweet or savoury?
Savoury

Would you rather be attacked by one horse sized duck or 20 duck sized horses?
One horse sized duck, would be easier to handle one big animal than a bunch of little ones. Plus the big duck is probably slower.

If you had one wish that I could wave a magic wand and grant you, what would it be and why?
For me to be able to quit my job and write full time

Well unfortunately that is all the questions I have for you. It was great speaking with you J


To find out more about Tim Miller and his books then why not pop along to his facebook page. Don't forget to like it :)  Author Tim Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment