Sunday 16 June 2013

The Vis Vires Trilogy


A few months ago I was able to interview Marissa Caramel and help promote the second book in her Vis Vires Trilogy. Now at the time I had not read any of Marissa's book but the story fascinated me and I quickly added it to me 'To be read' list. Luckily for me Marissa gave me the chance to read and review her books and who was I to turn down an opportunity like that?








Blurb:

Lust. Anger. Hate. Desire. Love. Happiness. Joy. iFeel. What happens when an unknowing empath meets a pixie who wears leather, a snitch who is repulsive and a fiery angel who can literally set your soul on fire? A whole lot of emotional turmoil and one love story ignited. Liv Christianni is isolated, alone, tortured and withdrawn, saddled with the torrential downpour of the world’s emotions. Accepting of her providence Liv has lost all hope, until one day fate steps in and spins the course of her life like a spiraling top. Hunted by a Spirit Stalker, Liv is forced to gain control of herself and her surroundings, threatened by the touch of her immortal love; she must find a way to survive both physically and emotionally. Can she find the courage to accept her true self? Can she love unconditionally cognizant of the condemning consequences? Can she rise from the ashes to become the person she was always meant to be? Funny, witty, real, and poignant, iFeel rips into your soul, and sets your emotions on fire. If you are a fan of Charmed or Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries or The Secret Circle this series is for you! What readers are saying- This was super good!!- This story was just absolutely perfect!! 5 stars! Riveting- This was one of the best books I have read in a very long time! Awesome paranormal story- This book was like one of those suspense movies that you had to keep your attention on or you would miss something very important.


Review:

I really enjoyed this story about a young woman called Liv and how she is a recluse in her own home due to what she calls a disability.

Liv is unique with her purple eyes and the fact she can feel everything everyone feels around her. She struggles to differentiate between what are her own feelings and what are her own.
One night she is dragged out for her birthday when she encounters a being called a Stalker who wants to take her soul.
In steps Justice a Seraph who hunts Stalkers and now he needs to protect Liv when she discovers she is an Empath.
This is a great all round story and I can not wait to read the second book.
The only reason I gave it a four star was due to the writing style. I spent a long time trying to figure out what it was and after awhile I figured out it is wrote in a scripted style. Now even though there is nothing wrong with that I just personally found it hard to get completely lost in the book, but I was able to look past it and see the story in its entirety and I would definitely recommend this to everyone :)







Blurb:



Touch me, and bring me to life...

How do you move on when you don’t even know where you were going in the first place?

The Spirit Stalker is dead and I have finally started to erect my life. But I quickly discover, that just because the structure is built doesn’t mean the foundation is sturdy. As much as I try to manage my abilities, I can’t completely control them. The physical impossibility of the relationship I have with Justice has reached a boiling point; our fundamental problem is my inability to control myself from absorbing his power, and his fears of touching me because of it.

As if that wasn’t deal-breaker enough, a new threat looms on my horizon - Darklings.
They are grim reapers of the immortal world who surface every five-hundred-years to feed off the souls of magical beings who are weak, aimless, lost; those who have given up and want to move on.

They also hunt power. Which means, they’re hunting me.

Abandoned by the one person I need the most, I find myself in Melenia’s realm.  There, I’m courted by Siberian, a dangerous pixie who covets me, hunted by Death personified; all the while hiding my powers and my ancient bloodline. The pixie prince is alluring, and I feel so broken and vulnerable. I know giving in to him means giving myself over to him. But right now, I don’t care. All I want is to feel anything other than the loss and rejection Justice left me with.
Anything other than pain.

So what do I do when I’m scared to be touched, even though I know it’s the only way to bring my soul back to life?

Review:



I want to start by saying that after reading the first book I was so happy that this books writing was different and flowed beautifully. It was so much easier for my to get lost in the story line

Just when you think Liv and Justice are on the right track with each other Justice goes and breaks up with Liv with no explanation.
Liv doesnt understand why and starts drinking. As a way of helping her Jocelyn and Melenia decide to take Liv away to Devonshire which is the land of pixies. The Prince of Pixies, Serbian becomes fascinated by Liv and wants to take her as his own but during all of this Darklings attack not long after the rest of the Seraphs arrive.
Liv also meets a gypsy woman who give her a locket along with a warning about her future. But who is this woman and how does she know Liv and Justice?
This is a great read and I recommend this to everyone





My favourite line from this book is : "You are the only thing on this earth that thrills me, scares me and makes me question myself all at the same time, 




Interview:



Hi Marissa, thank you for agreeing to be interviewed by me again J

Thank you so much for having me again!

So tell me how are you feeling now that you are two books that are now published?

It’s an amazing feeling and it definitely fuels me to keep on writing.

How did you come up with the story?

It was a daydream really.  My mind is constantly wandering, but these characters and this story compelled me, so I just had to write it.

Now your book series is a Trilogy and I have been wondering if you will release any novellas to do with the series, such as the story of Justice and Derrin, or the story of Derrin and Melenia or even the story of AJ. I for one would be interested in reading those.

Yes, there will be spin off novellas. I’m working on Derrin and Justice’s story now, it will be called Affliction. I’m also playing with the idea of Jocelyn and AJ’s story too.

I see the third book is titled Constellation, do you have a date for release it?

Not at the moment. I have the story in my head, but I haven’t begun writing it. If I had to project, I’d say it will be done sometime early next year.

Now the IFeel was written in a different style to the Gravitational Pull and for me it didn’t flow as well as it could have. I just wondered if you will be changing it to fit the fluidity of Gravitational Pull?

Maybe. iFeel was my first novel, so sort of like a first child you make most of your mistakes with it. I think with Gravitational Pull I was more confident in my voice which helped my writing flow better. I’m always looking to improve, whether it’s through writing or reading or constructive criticism. So I think one day I’ll go back and revamp iFeel.

Last time I spoke to you didn’t have any other writing projects on the go but I have recently seen you have one called ‘Strip Me Bare’ Can you tell me a little bit about this?


Yes! I’m very excited about it. It’s a New Adult contemporary novel. It’s about a law student who finds out her estranged love is an infamous stripper at a New York City night club. The foundation of the story is about two people fighting for what they want while struggling to be together. Some major themes are prejudice, drug abuse, sexuality, familial struggles, standing up for what you believe in and of course love. I’m very excited about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment